Promote Innovation
The theory that stands out to me the most is Jack Balkin’s idea of “Promote Innovation” from Living Originalism. The Author explains how, when people have freedom of speech, society can become more creative. People are able to share their ideas and their own different ways of thinking. I think this idea connects a lot to social media because social media is such a big part of everyday life, especially for people my age.
I use social media almost every day. I use Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat to talk to my friends, watch videos, and see what is happening in the world. Social media is also a place where people can share their ideas and market themselves or other things. Someone can post something that they created, and it can reach thousands or even millions of people. This is an example of innovation because people can take an idea and turn it into something much bigger.
For example, people can even use TikTok and Instagram to start and build businesses. Someone might make a new type of clothing or makeup product and market it by posting online. If the post does well, the person can turn that idea into a real business. I think this would have been much harder to do before social media became so popular. People now have a way to share their ideas without needing a big company or a lot of money behind them.
There are also a lot of opinions about social media and how it can affect people. California recently passed new laws dealing with social media and children. The laws include restrictions like the autoplay feature and controlling certain feeds for people under 16. (California's new social media laws)
AI DISCLOSURE - I used Microsoft Copilot as a brainstorming and research assistance tool while developing this blog post. Copilot helped me identify sources and organize my ideas. I reviewed the information provided, selected the sources used, and wrote and revised the final post myself. The opinions, reflections, and conclusions expressed in this assignment are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment